Monday, May 3, 2010

Drop Sugar Cookies

This one is for when you really crave sugar cookies, but don't want to roll and cut! Very popular with a powdered sugar icing.

Drop Sugar Cookies

3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla or lemon extract
2 eggs
2/3 c. oil
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder

Mix the sugar, vanilla, eggs and oil until they are uniform color. Add the flour and baking powder, and mix well. The dough will look a bit oily (this worried me, so I share). Drop onto a greased baking sheet and bake at 350 for 10 min. Take them out before the edges brown, they will still look a bit doughy. (Unless you are like my mother and like them crispy, then brown away!) Yield: 2 1/2 dozen. I double the batch (of course).
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!