Wednesday, May 5, 2010

French Onion Soup

My husband and I love this.  Somehow I always crave it on Sundays.  I realized this after appearing at choir practice several times smelling of onions. :)

French Onion Soup

3 Tbsp. butter or margarine and
2-3 onions, sliced thin and heated over med. heat until soft and caramelized. This will take some time.
Add: 2 cans beef broth
2 c. water
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 pkg. Au jus gravy mix.
1 (7 oz.) can sliced mushrooms (opt.)

Heat through. Toast slices of crusty French or Italian bread. Place in a bowl, ladle the soup over them and top with mozzarella or Swiss cheese. Place under a broiler until the cheese is bubbly and starts to brown. About 5-6 servings.
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!