Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fried Green Tomatoes

I have a recipe request for this one.  When you are making these, look for tomatoes that are beginning to turn a translucent white.  It is a stage between the really acid green and turning red.  My friend Molly taught  me how to make these in her kitchen one summer, I can still taste them!

Fried Green Tomatoes
4 Green tomatoes
1 beaten egg
Italian seasoned bread crumbs
oil for frying
salt and pepper

Heat a little oil in a skillet. Slice tomatoes in thick slices.  Turn slices in beaten egg, then coat in bread crumbs. Fry in oil until golden. Salt and pepper to taste.

Note: The tomatoes pictured are smaller than I usually make, but they were the last of the crop and sounded good to me. 
Jenny

1 comment:

Nanette said...

Oh I can't wait! THANK YOU!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!