Thursday, May 6, 2010

Leprechaun Soup

My mother found this recipe in the March issue of a children's magazine when I was young.  It is good, and easy. Besides, you can use a bit of fun and a little Leprechaun lore to help your children eat their veggies.

Leprechaun Soup
1 can tomato soup
2 soup cans water
5 beef bouillion cubes
2 carrots, sliced
2 potatoes, cubed
4 stalks celery, slices
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 c. chopped cabbage
1 c. frozen peas
1 c. corn
Put all ingredients in a soup pot and simmer for 1 hour.

Notes: I fluff this up a bit with an extra can of tomato soup and more water, also more potatoes. You can leave this as a vegetable soup, but my favorite is to add leftover beef, or a bit of browned ground beef to this.  In the photo, we added about 2 c. egg noodles, and liked it so well, I will probably make it with noodles from now on.  If you add noodles, do it when there is only about 20 min. left before you serve.

This would be nice served with Yeast Biscuits or Mary's Breadsticks.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!