Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mexican Lasagna

This is a little spicy for some of my kids, you can substitute a can of regular diced tomatoes for the RoTel tomatoes and chilies if you like. I like the flavor as is.

Mexican Lasagna
1 lb. ground beef, browned with some onion
1 can refried beans
1 can Ro Tel tomatoes and chilies
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 tsp. chili powder
1 small container ricotta cheese (or choose another cheese you like)
1/2 c. grated Monterrey jack or cheddar
tortillas (flour or corn)
sour cream and taco toppings to serve

In a casserole dish, line the bottom with tortillas, tear them to fit the empty spaces.  Spread tortillas with 1/3 can refried beans, then layer on 1/3 of the ground beef and 1/3  of the tomatoes.  Top with 1/3 the ricotta.  Add another layer of tortillas, repeat layers two more times, ending with tortillas on top.  Mix the chili powder with the tomato sauce and pour over all.  Top with the grated cheese.  Microwave on high for 10 min. Serve with sour cream and any taco topping you like.  Serves 6-8

Jenny

1 comment:

Karma said...

That sounds really yummy - totally going to try it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!