Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sherma Turner's Carrot Cake

This cake is full of goodies! Pineapple, coconut and nuts, topped with the must-have cream cheese frosting.

Carrot Cake (Sherma Turner's)
2 c. grated carrots
3 c. + 3 Tbsp. flour
2 c. sugar
1 ½ c. vegetable oil
1 c. chopped nuts
½ c. coconut
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 small can crushed pineapple
2 Tbsp. grated orange rind
2 tsp. soda

Mix all dry ingredients; add carrots, oil, eggs, pineapple, nuts and coconut. Bake at 350 for 50-55 min.

Icing:
¾ cube margarine
3 oz cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
4-5 c. powdered sugar

Mix cream cheese and margarine until soft; add sugar and vanilla. Mix to a spreading consistency.  Spread on cooled cake.
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!