Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Texas Sheet Cake

This is another recipe perfect for my 12 x 17 inch pan.  It is a good one for time crunch, it only bakes for 20 min. and you frost it while it is hot.

Texas Sheet Cake

2 cubes butter or margarine
1 c. water
4 Tbsp. cocoa
2 c. sugar
2 c. flour
½ c. buttermilk
1 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine first 3 ingredients, bring to a boil; add to remaining ingredients. Bake in greased large cookie sheet at 425 for 20 min.

Frosting:
1 cube butter
4 Tbsp. cocoa
6 Tbsp. milk
4-5 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Bring to boil first 3 ingredients, add remaining and spread on hot cake. You can sprinkle on 1 c. chopped nuts. (Or you can stir them in.)
Jenny

1 comment:

Momma Bear Wendy said...

We had this amazing cake at a recent retreat and it was AMAZING!! SOO yummy now that I see the recipe with lots of butter I know why I liked it so much. Everyone had 2 peices.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!