Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ham Fried Rice

Leftover rice is sure to become this family favorite.

Ham Fried Rice
3 c. cooked rice
1 onion, chopped
2 c. ham, cubed
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. frozen peas, thawed
1 can water chestnuts, opt.
2 Tbsp. oil
2 Tbsp. soy sauce

In a large skillet or wok, heat oil and cook onion in it until the onion is tender.  Add rice, ham, peas, and soy sauce (and water chestnuts, if desired).  Stir and cook until heated through.  Move rice to the sides of pan, making a bare space in the center of the pan. Add a drizzle of oil and beaten eggs to center of pan, stir and cook the eggs until they set, then stir the rice and eggs together.  Serve with soy sauce. You can also add any random leftover veggies from the fridge to this.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!