Friday, June 18, 2010

Jill's Tomatillo Dressing

This recipe is from 52 Weeks of Proven Recipes for Picky Kids.  The lime in it is refreshing and zippy.  The recipe makes about a quart of this dressing, so adjust it according to your needs, or plan to serve it to a crowd over taco salads.

Jill's Tomatillo Dressing
6 tomatillos
1/2 (.87 oz.) packet buttermilk ranch dressing
1 (1.1 oz.) packet Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Dip
1 c. chopped, fresh cilantro leaves
2 tbsp chopped garlic
1/2 c. lime juice
1 c. buttermilk
1 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. milk

Peel husks off tomatillos and discard.  Wash tomatillos and place in bender along with remaining ingredients.  Blend until a fine sauce forms.  Chill until ready to serve.  Makes 4 cups.

Try this over Pork Barbacoa or Pork and Red Chili, or Jenny's Beef Enchiladas.
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!