Saturday, June 12, 2010

Melt In Your Mouth Biscuits

This is a new recipe to me, it intrigued me as it has several different ingredients than my usual baking powder biscuits.  I like the texture very much. It will also let me show how I make cut bicuits, not as fancy as some, but very quick and easy.

Melt In Your Mouth Biscuits
3 c. flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
3/4 c. shortening
1 egg, unbeaten
1 c. milk

Place dry ingredients in a bowl, mix in shortening with a pastry blender or a fork until mixture resembles coarse meal. Pour in milk and slowly and mix; add egg and stir well.  Bake at 450 for 10-15 min.

First step to shape: grease your pan and dump the dough on it.

Flour your fingers and pat the dough out to a uniform thickness, keeping it about 3/4 inch thick.

Using a pizza cutter, roll through dough to form square biscuits.

Bake.  Finished product looks like this. Break apart and serve with butter and honey or jam. Yum!
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!