Saturday, June 26, 2010

Swedish Apple Pie

This recipe comes from recipezaar.  It is a delicious and different apple pie!

Swedish Apple Pie
3 1/2 c. slice apples (baking apples, like Granny Smith)
2 Tbsp. flour
3/4 c. sugar
1 pinch salt
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. sour cream
1 unbaked pie shell

Topping:
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 c. cold butter

Boil apples until they just start to soften. Drain well.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix drained apples, flour, sugar and salt.  Beat eggs and vanilla together and add to apple mixture.  Fold in sour cream.  Pour into pie shell and bake approx. 40 min. or until set.
While pie is baking, prepare topping as follows:  Combine dry ingredients and cut in butter to resemble coarse crumbs.  Remove pie from oven and sprinkle with topping, return pie to oven for an additional 15 min.  Cool.

Notes:  This is really nice made just like it says, but last time I made it, I wanted to try making it with my home-bottled pie filling.  I mixed together the sour cream, egg and vanilla and added them to a jar of filling.  Fill the crust with this and bake as directed, then top.  Worked like a charm!
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!