Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Delicious Bread Pudding

I love good bread pudding!  It is a comfort food, so rich and lovely, and yet simple.  A few months ago, I attended an event at church where they served bread pudding for refreshments.  I came home with two wonderful recipes, both are shared here.  This one is the more traditional of the two, the second one is found here and has a more tropical taste.  I made this for Christmas dinner dessert.  Photo by Tiffany.


Delicious Bread Pudding
9 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 2/3 c. sugar
Stir these together with a whisk until thick and yellow.  Do not whip. Stir in slowly:
1 qt half and half
1 1/3 c. whipping cream

Toast 6 slices white bread and lay in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.  Combine and sprinkle over the top:
1/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
2/3 c. raisins

Gently pour the cream and egg mixture over the toast and cinnamon, pushing bread down as it floats to the top.  Cover with foil and place on a baking sheet filled with water. Bake in 320 degree oven for 1 hour or until pudding is firm. Serve with fruit toppings, caramel or chocolate sauce.


Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!