Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Almost A Waldorf

I really like Waldorf salad, and I began this evening to chop the apples and the celery, while enlisting two of my daughters to search my cookbooks for a recipe for the dressing.  They were about 5 cookbooks in when my husband just called his mom to inquire.  The report came back as I feared: mayonnaise.  I have children who won't touch mayonnaise at all.  So, this is the adaptation.  This is a good choice for anytime you find a good batch of apples!  I love the crunch.  Tonight we served this alongside Mexican Casserole.

Almost A Waldorf
3-4 large apples, cored and cubed (I like to use more than one variety of apple, but you don't have to.)
3 stalks celery, sliced
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1/2 c. sour cream
1 Tbsp. sugar

Combine apple, celery and walnuts in a bowl.  Stir sour cream and sugar together.  Fold sour cream mix into the apples.  Serve immediately.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!