Saturday, December 3, 2011

White Corn Chili

Here is one to warm you up!  My mom created this soup, which she calls "Oh No Soup" because it came about when Dad inadvertently brought cream corn to the kitchen instead of whole kernel, and when Mom opened it without looking at it.  Then it became soup as Mom was assigned a soup for a church event the next day.  I call it chili as that is what the flavor most reminds me of, and because I added beans to mine.  It is a breeze and fast to make!  A great one to remember when the natives are restless and time is short.

White Corn Chili
2 cans creamed corn
2 cans cream of chicken soup
3 1/2 c. water
1 (4 oz.) can diced chilies
2 c. diced, cooked chicken
1 can white kidney beans (or other beans), with the liquid
2 Tbsp. dry minced onion
1 tsp. cumin

In a soup pot, combine ingredients and heat through.  Stir in:
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese or Velveeta cubes

Stir until cheese melts.  Serve with tortilla chips, if you like.

Notes:  My mom's soup uses only the first 5 ingredients.  You can stop here too, and have instant yummy soup.  I added the beans to stretch the servings.  I think it could take another can of white beans and still be good, I may try that next time.  We made this with leftover turkey and my kids ate it really well.

Jenny

1 comment:

Penny said...

I love soups! this is a good one

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!