Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fried Apples


I have been reading Laura Ingalls Wilder's book, Farmer Boy with my daughter.  We just read that Almonzo's favorite food was fried apples 'n onions so we decided to try frying some apples.  I think I would like the onions too, but wasn't supported by the kids in the kitchen at the time.  My son Ethan is in cub scouts and he needed to help with a meal as part of a requirement for scouts, so he made this side dish, basically by himself.  We served them as a side to French Toast. I think they would be a nice side for pork chops too.

Fried Apples
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
6 apples, cored and thickly sliced (we used an apple slicer-the kind you push down over the apple)
dash of salt
cinnamon sugar

Melt the butter in a skillet, when it is hot, stir in the apples.  Turn them and let them cook until they begin to nicely brown.  Sprinkle with a bit of salt and more liberally with cinnamon sugar.  Stir to coat and serve warm.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!