Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ginger Crinkles

I have a new old cookbook and I found a recipe that we just loved!! (I have to have a little molasses every now and then to keep me warm in the winter.) These are a bit crisp, and reminiscent of a ginger snap, but with a buttery flavor.  I used all whole wheat flour in them, and I think I will do that every time because I like the nutty taste.  Great winter cookie for when the kids need something to do with their hands, have them help roll the dough into balls and roll them in the sugar before baking.

Ginger Crinkles
2/3 c. oil
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1/4 c. molasses
2 c. flour (you can use all whole wheat if desired)
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger

more sugar for rolling

Combine oil, sugar, egg and molasses and stir to
evenly combine.  Add dry ingredients and stir.  Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll in a 1/4 c. sugar.  Place on greased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.  Bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes.  Remove to wire rack to cool.  Yield 4 dozen.

Notes: I doubled the batch and we made about 80 cookies using this trick to get it done faster by baking two sheets at a time.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!