Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sausage Bean Soup

A new easy peasy week night meal! If you open the cans while the sausage browns, and slice some crusty bread while it simmers, this could be a 20 minute meal!  And though it has all the comfort of a soup, you can make it in the summer, because it won't overheat the kitchen.

Sausage Bean Soup
1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
3 (15 oz.) cans beans, partly drained, like black beans, butter beans, or kidney beans
3 c. water
2 tsp. beef bouillon granules
1 can corn, drained
2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes with juice
1 tsp. dried basil
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese

In a soup pot, brown sausage and chopped onion.  Spoon off extra fat.  Add cans of beans and vegetables, water, and seasonings and cheese.  Simmer for 10 min.  Taste and adjust seasonings.  Serve immediately, you can sprinkle with more Parmesan if you like.

Note: you could use hot Italian sausage if you like.  I plan to put the tomatoes in the blender next time, as I noticed my kids picking them out. Grrr. This would be good with French Bread or Baking Powder Biscuits.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!