Monday, May 3, 2010

Tortillas

Tortillas are not hard to make, but they take time.  I use a cast iron griddle to cook them.  This recipe is one of two I like, it is the simpler of the two.  Find the other one at Maria Elena's Tortillas.

Tortillas

5 c. flour
1 Tbsp. salt
½ c. shortening
2 c. water

Mix ingredients using a mixer with a dough hook. Divide dough into 24 balls. (You can let them rest for an hour at this point. I am always in a hurry, and never do…) Roll each ball of dough very thin and cook on ungreased griddle heated to medium. Turn to cook both sides. Cover dough with a damp cloth while you work. Cover hot tortillas with a cloth as well, when ready to serve, turn the pile upside down and serve. Makes 24 tortillas.
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!