Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ham and Cheese Soup

This recipe is one that starts with a packaged mix and stirs in several things to make it become soup.  I really only recommend using Velveeta brand for this one.  My experience with the Kraft and other brands is that the cheese doesn't dilute nicely and it can taste watery.  The Velveeta works out so well.  I think originally this basic recipe came from a Pampered Chef cookbook, but I've been making it from memory so long, that I don't know if it resembles it's original or not.... Use this when you want some fast and easy comfort food.

Ham and Cheese Soup
2 boxes Velveeta Shells and Cheese (12 oz. each)
2 quarts of water
2 Tbsp. dry, minced onion
1 tsp. thyme
2 chicken bouillon cubes
2 c. cubed ham
2 c. milk
1 c. frozen peas, thawed

In a soup pot, bring the water to a boil, add the pasta from the boxes and the dry onion.  Boil until pasta is desired tenderness, 8-10 min.  Do not drain!  Add to the pot both cheese packets, stirring until the cheese melts. Add remaining ingredients and heat through.  Serve with biscuits or bread sticks.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!