Monday, May 3, 2010

Sourdough Buttermilk Pancakes

These pancakes have that traditional sourdough tang.

Sourdough Buttermilk Pancakes
1 1/2 c. starter
2 eggs
1 c. buttermilk
2 Tbsp. melted butter or oil
1 c. flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt

Use starter at room temperature.  Separate the eggs and stir yolks into the starter.  Warm the buttermilk to lukewarm and stir it and the butter and flour into the starter.  Combine the sugar, salt and soda and sprinkle it over the top of the batter.  Fold it in with a large spoon.  Beat the egg whites until they peak and fold them into the batter.  Cook on a hot griddle. 

You could try one of these yummy pancake syrups: Milk Syrup, Cinnamon Syrup, Buttermilk Syrup

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!