Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fruit Cobbler

My mom gave me this recipe to try this week. With the weather cooling off, I was so happy to see it!  I bottle pie filling, cherry, apple and peach, so this is a perfect way to use a quart of fruit.  If you bottle fruit, you can easily make it pie filling by pouring a quart of fruit into a saucepan and adding a couple of tablespoons of cornstarch and any spices you like.  Heat, stirring occasionally until thick, then use it in this recipe or use it to fill a pie crust.

Fruit Cobbler Dough
1 stick margarine
1 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 c. milk
2 tsp. baking powder
1 quart pie filling

In a 9x9 baking pan, melt the margarine. (I do this in the microwave or I place the pan in the oven while it is preheating and I am mixing batter.) In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, milk and baking powder.  Stir out the lumps, batter will be thin.  Pour batter carefully into melted margarine, do not stir.  Add pie filling over the top.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
This is what it looked like before baking. I was using cherries and just spooned them over the top of the batter.

Another note:  I made this in a 9x13 using the same batter proportions but adding 8 cups sliced fresh peaches, sweetened with a little sugar.  It was beautiful and scrumptious.
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!