Friday, June 4, 2010

Brace for Impact

My kids get out of school today.  I love when they all come home for the summer, but there are challenges too, the biggest being seven children always eating!  I am trying to formulate a plan for the feeding frenzy, thinking back on summers past and what has worked.  Mostly, I am frightened.  I want to do it with grace, but when there is a child standing in my refrigerator all the time, I tend to get cross.  I know the best antidote for that is regular square meals.  If you sit down to eat, you are more likely to remember you have eaten.  My five year old still forgets sometimes.  He'll come in about 15 min. after I clean up and say, "Mom, when are we eating dinner?"  You can see why I am afraid.... I also know it helps to plan a snack for morning and afternoon.  About 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and sometimes at 4 p.m. and then before bed.... Okay, so there had better just be food lying about that can be grabbed on the run at any time.  Thankfully, veggies and fruits come in serving sizes already, and there is always the old standby--popcorn. For the blog this will mean photos of cookies and quick breads.  If I can take the photo before they disappear!  At any rate, here are a few I know I will be using to get us started, I'd love to hear what works at your house! (Please! We need all the help we can get!)

Granola Bars
No Bake Cookies
Quick Scones
Brown Sugar Muffins
Pancakes
Ranger Cookies
Drop Sugar Cookies
Peanut Butter Fingers
Banana Bars
Zucchini Bread
Pumpkin Bread
Black Bean Dip

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!