Saturday, October 6, 2012

Movie Night Foods

I remember weekends at college, when we would gather around the huge TV in the common room of my dorm and watch a movie. (I probably shouldn't add here, that the movie that was so popular with that group of girls, on that particular TV was The Little Mermaid....sigh, I know!)  Popcorn was the First Item Of Business.  Other snacks were welcome, but the popcorn was mandatory!  Today, I wanted to gather a few recipes in a list for you to enjoy with your weekend.

Movie Night Foods
Popcorn. Salted and buttered is standard, but try these for crowd pleasing points:
Elaine's Caramel Popcorn
Marshmallow Popcorn Balls (you don't have to make this into balls, you can just stir it in a big bowl)
Jello Popcorn Balls (these are pretty fabulous in orange for Halloween)

Instead of popcorn, but still in the same groove:
Peanut Butter Goop (also can be eaten straight from the bowl to happy effect)

If you have tortilla chips to share, dip them in these:
Black Bean Dip
Guacamole
Hummus
Hot Artichoke Dip

If you want to pass around the cookies:
Super Simple Cookies (these start with a cake mix and can be thrown together at the last minute, for emergency movie parties)
Davy Crockett Bars (pop these in the oven, then while they bake, put on your make up for those parties where there are going to be cute boys to sit by... make sure and mention you made these)
Cindy's Chocolate Chip Cookies (When the party was announced in advance and there will be a crowd)
No Bake Cookies (Sticky, but great companion food for a chick flick and the chicks don't usually mind licking their fingers.)

And one more in honor of my mother, who is wise and knows that buttery, salty popcorn and homemade fudge should always hang out together:
Easy Rocky Road Fudge.  (Note: you can make this without the mallows and nuts if you want "just" fudge)

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!